Email and NetID Support
New Faculty - YSE HR will request a NetID and PIN then contact you regarding activating.
New Staff Members - YSE HR will send an email with instructions on how to activate your NetID and PIN.
Incoming Students - Student Services will email your NetID, you will receive PIN and instructions from Central ITS.
Yale's central Information Technology Services (ITS) manages NetID and email services. You can contact ITS at 203-432-9000.
- Configure Your Email This link will assist in setting up your email via the web and configuring your email on your personal machine please see drop down boxes provided.
Yale VPN(Virtual Private Network)
VPN (Off-Campus Access) Accessing Yale resources from off campus.
Yale VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a way to securely access a remote network. Yale VPN allows eligible individuals to access Yale resources remotely.
Email policy for employee termination or graduation of students
Who is deactivated when?
• Accounts for Staff are deactivated 21 days after their last active day
• Accounts for Faculty/Post Docs are deactivated 60 days after their last active day
• Accounts for Students are deactivated twice per year - January 1st or June 1st:
• Students who leave Yale between March 15th and September 14th have their email accounts deactivated on June 1st (students who graduate in May are removed June 1 of the following year)
• Students who leave Yale between September 15th and March 14th have their email accounts deactivated on January 1st. Students who becomeemployees by taking summer jobs or other appointments with the University are reclassified by Human Resources. These accounts are terminated 21 days after their job ends, with a notification email sent to their account of record 14 days before that account is deactivated.
Graduates of Yale University are eligible for a permanent email forwarding service to non-Yale accounts. This service is administered independently by the Association of Yale Alumni www.aya.yale.edu/>) as a courtesy to alumni, and is not maintained by Central ITS. Please see the information on the Virtual Yale Station